Work With Us
Theatre of Youth Company, Inc. (TOY) stimulates the imagination, nurtures the creative spirit and enhances the education of young people by engaging them in relevant, child-centered, and professionally-produced live theatre programs. TOY believes meaningful childhood experiences in the theatre develop confidence in creative thinking skills, cultivate empathy and establish a life-long connection to the arts.
TOY is seeking a Managing Director to provide oversight and ensure sustainability of the theatre’s operations, programs, finances and community support. The Managing Director works with an active Board of Directors to ensure the strategic and operational integrity, sustainability and excellence of TOY. Integral to establishing the broad vision of the organization, the Managing Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director in the organizational structure, and is the direct supervisor for the House Managers, Director of Development and Marketing Director.
Supervise the administrative staff, direct all administrative operations, and oversee the operation and maintenance of TOY’s facilities.
Implement the financial strategies of the organization, including developing the annual budget, assisting in the creation and implementation of department budgets, and coordinating long-range and annual business planning.
Provide monthly financial reporting and forecasting, cash flow management, capital spending, and expenditure review and approval.
In conjunction with the Artistic Director, develop and implement season programming including mainstage productions, touring, and education programming.
Administrate, conceive, and actively participate in fundraising efforts, donor development, grant seeking, and grant reporting.
In conjunction with the Marketing Director, administer and support all components of marketing and public relations, including the marketing strategy, brand definition, and website development.
Administer and support, in conjunction with the Artistic Director and Education Coordinator, TOY’s educational programs.
Act as the representative and advocate of the theatre, in partnership with the Artistic Director, with government agencies, media organizations, community and local business groups, and arts organizations.
Foster an inclusive, diverse workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated business sense and an understanding of basic financial/accounting, key performance indicators, financial statements and accounting, compliance and permitting issues.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with a board of directors·
- Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience; the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for the theater/performing arts.
- Idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
TOY offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested parties send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Board Director Stacey Moar at firstname.lastname@example.org.