Theatre if Youth (TOY) is currently seeking an Education Coordinator. This position is part-time. If you are interested, please review the information and qualifications below and submit your resume and cover letter to Managing Director Kevin Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Opening: Education Coordinator at Theatre of Youth (Buffalo, NY)
Theatre of Youth (TOY) – WNY’s lone professional theatre company dedicated to children and families – seeks an Education Coordinator. Along with the Artistic and Managing Directors, the Education Coordinator will focus on developing theatre and drama programming for occasional, continuing, and committed students. Given TOY’s commitment to serving all children in WNY, the Education Coordinator will be expected to advance the theatre’s diversity initiatives, paying particular attention to programming for underserved and under-resourced populations in the immediate Buffalo area. Submissions are being accepted immediately, with review starting February 24, 2018.
Theatre of Youth’s education programming nurtures creativity and creative confidence through theatre and drama process, practice, and performance. Under the general direction and supervision of the Artistic Director, the Education Coordinator will develop, expand, and implement educational outreach, workshop, and youth performance opportunities. The Education Coordinator will also provide supervision and oversight to TOY education staff.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive, sequential curriculum of theatre workshops.
- Develop and lead in-school interactions of artists and students around TOY productions.
- Develop materials for each production that tie TOY performances to NYS Next Generation ELA Standards and the new NYS Learning Standards in Theater Arts
- Recruit, select, orient, train, supervise, and evaluate theatre workshop instructors.
- Interview and select, in consultation with the Artistic Director, TOY education staff.
- Generate publicity and promotional materials for education programming with TOY’s Marketing Director.
- Establish and build effective working relations with public groups, agencies, school officials, media, and other stakeholders across the City of Buffalo, Erie County, and Western New York.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Drama, or a related field. The ability to cultivate relationships through appropriate communication, orally and in writing. Familiarity with the methods, techniques, and principles used in the development of a variety of arts-in-education programs. Experience with program planning and implementation, arts education delivery and management, and information dissemination and publicity techniques.
Master’s degree and previous arts-in-education experience. Demonstrable ability to utilize creative thinking models in class design. Knowledge of NYS Next Generation ELA Standards. A proven track record of recruiting, coordinating, training, and evaluating a team of instructors. Knowledge and track record of assessing the fiscal viability of programs, tracking customer satisfaction, and evaluating programs on an education and artistic level.
This position is part-time (30 hours/week) with competitive pay and full health and dental benefits. The position is a one-year opportunity with the possibility of an extension.