Marketing Coordinator at Theatre of Youth
Theatre of Youth Company, Inc. (TOY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit theatre dedicated to child audiences. TOY--WNY's sole professional theatre dedicated to children and their families--stimulates the imagination, nurtures the creative spirit, and enhances the education of young people by engaging them in relevant, child-centered, and professionally produced live theatre programs. TOY believes meaningful childhood experiences in the theatre develop confidence in creative thinking skills, cultivate empathy and establish a life-long connection to the arts. Submissions are being accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis; position start date is immediate.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Managing Director, the Marketing Coordinator's job is to implement marketing, advertising, and public relations strategies to increase awareness of TOY and to sell programming to meet earned revenue goals.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive marketing/sales strategy across the web, email, and social media tracked and supported by data and analytics with a focus on community engagement and sales.
- Write copy for all marketing materials
- Design and implementation of a complete public relations strategy; including press releases, arrangement of reviews, and media advisories to WNY media outlets.
- Edit, produce, and mail season's public and school brochures by working with resident graphic designer and various vendors.
- Coordinate production of playbills
- Collaborate with TOY's marketing committee on innovative ideas to increase awareness of TOY
- Maintain and develop community partnerships to increase the availability of children's theatre to all communities
- Negotiate trade agreements with partners
- Assist the managing director in fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, the annual fund, #SpringItOn, #GivingTuesday, and the annual Brew Bash.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline plus 1-3 years of experience in a marketing, public relations, or sales field. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A self-starter with the ability to work independently. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends. Strong knowledge of web best practices and social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Email Marketing software.
Master's degree in related discipline. Track record of exceeding sales targets, innovative social media engagement, and targeted community and audience development. Advanced knowledge of web best practices, social media management tools, and graphic design. Experience in marketing research methods, including drafting objectives, study design, questionnaire development, business analysis and reporting on results.
This position is part-time (25 hours/week); pay is competitive. Full-time opportunity available with the addition of house management responsibilities.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kevin Leary, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatre of Youth is an EEO Employer.